Home from Hospital
Are you concerned about how you, or a friend or relative will cope at home, when leaving hospital? The AGE Concern Eastbourne Home from Hospital Service may be able to help, offering short-term support to older people in Eastbourne who have recently been in hospital.
Our free Home from Hospital Service is available to anyone over 55 who is:
– living in Eastbourne, Hailsham or Seaford
– about to leave hospital or has recently been discharged
– living alone, with a carer, or with someone who is physically unable to help.
Our Home from Hospital volunteers are available to:
– visit you in hospital
– visit you at home for up to six weeks
– collect prescriptions and shopping
– prepare a light snack
– accompany you to a short medical appointment (or provide transport advice)
– provide information and assistance to help you obtain other services or equipment you may need
– introduce you to clubs and other organisations.
For more information or to be referred to the service please contact 01323 749854. If you are still in hospital, you can speak to one of the ward nurses or a hospital social worker to refer you to the service.