AGE Concern Eastbourne has been caring for older people in Eastbourne for 65 years.
More than 225 volunteers help our charity each year and without them we could not deliver a first-class range of
activities and services to the community.
How you can help
AGE Concern Eastbourne is an enjoyable and rewarding place to work as a volunteer. If you are caring and committed, and would like to help older people remain independent, we’d love you to join our team.
Our volunteer opportunities include:
– Providing Welfare Rights, Information and Advice
– Supporting older people in day care activities
– Assisting in one of our AGE Concern shops
– Visiting or telephoning isolated people in their homes as part
of our Befriending and Forget Me Not service
– Aiding an older person’s recovery as part of our Home From
– Escorting or driving older people on organised Shopping
– Leading a walk along Eastbourne’s beautiful seafront in our
Walking for Wellness activity
– Computer or administrative work
Thousands of individuals in Eastbourne are reliant on our volunteer network and we are very proud of their commitment
Something for you
As a volunteer you will have the chance to make a real difference to someone’s life. In addition you will be offered the
opportunity to develop new skills and undertake training.
” I have derived so much pleasure from the friendships that have flourished with the people I have befriended whilst volunteering for AGE Concern Eastbourne.”
Volunteer of the year, Avril Littleton